Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action." - Herbert Spencer



Algebra Camp is over!

Been getting supplies and setting up my room this week. After some initial confusion about which room I was assigned, I started getting my bulletin boards papered and gathering supplies. It is so weird having this clean slate. Empty cabinets, empty walls, empty desks, empty halls. An empty school is such a strange place. Lonesome and full of echoes and anticipation. I can't stand the waiting but I'm still not ready for the kids to be here yet. I suspect, however, that there is nothing I can do to ever be truly ready.

If I can find my camera, hopefully I will be able to post some pics of my room. It's nothing particularly special but it's mine and I want it to be a place where some good happens. Maybe not miracles, but something.

1 comment:

will said...

There's always that one kid with the nametag on his crotch - this one is Tre.