Wednesday, June 20, 2007

painter, teacher, behavioral psychologist, social scientist...

Yay homework! Monday I spent way too much time making up classroom rules, rewards, and consequences. In true New Orleans fashion I opted for a dubloon economy. Still, it took me more than two hours to come up with something that I consider adequate to turn in, even if I’m not entirely satisfied. Next, I have to work on a case study to implement behavioral change. Nobody ever told me that being a teacher involved so much behavioral data collection! Now I am more convinced than ever that any shred of a life I had up until now is gone forever. I’m going to be a lesson-planning, school-obsessed hermit.

Still unemployed. I have not been a diligent job searcher. Have to change that soon.

But doesn’t my paint look bright and cheery? The before pictures are just too depressingly gray to post. I am looking forward to my roommate coming home so that we can start planning for a couch and other fabulousness. I also want to enlist her help with The Great Purge. I’ve ditched many, many bags and boxes of trash but there is still quite a ways to go. I cannot go it alone - I will need a navigator to guide me and my roomie has been much better about the purging than me lately. Thus, she has been commissioned for the task.

To the Bat Tank!

No comments: