Sunday, September 09, 2007

"everybody's workin' for the weekend"

Oh, to have my weekends back to myself. I had a taste of vacation time over Labor Day Weekend and I want some more of that. One of my least favorite things about teaching is that I have to take my work home everyday. I am not a fan. I go to work early and I bring lots of papers and to-dos home with me. Tonight I'm writing a math test and updating my grade book and trying to keep all these papers organized. It's exhausting. This job is exhausting. Once I get my momentum back this week it will help some but the temptation to just take a lot of naps and go do fun things is far greater than the need to get all this stuff done.

I am really, really looking forward to having a whole week off for Thanksgiving. Just to sleep and do whatever I want to do for a few days. Maybe actually get around to getting my life together. My roommate cooks and cleans and keeps me from going insane, thank goodness. She is totally my hero. I really don't know what I would do if she weren't around.

No comments: