Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Crappy Anniversary, She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named!

Yeah, it's that time again. And I am not dwelling. I've got a here and now to worry about. I spent my day with my kids, like every other weekday, and I'm okay with that. I will not watch the news, I will not read the news, I will not go on and on about this day two years ago. I remember well enough. All of us here remember.

Now's the time to keep truckin' along. In the minds of my kids, this anniversary will eventually be a long gone memory. It was just another day to them. They hardly blinked. Most of their lives will be spent in the post-K era and I'm determined that it won't be a waste spent dwelling on regrets. Standing here at two years, all my mourning is out of my system. Time to think ahead. There's tomorrow to worry about now. And the next day and the next day...

And those days are only going to get better.

No comments: